all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Not used often
@ 2002-11-02 21:10 Artist
From: Artist @ 2002-11-02 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Friedns,
  I like to know which are the commands that you know but don't use more often.
It will save us lots of time for me in learning process.

Thanks,
Artist

* Re: Not used often
@ 2002-11-03  4:14 ` Cor Gest
From: Cor Gest @ 2002-11-03  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

> Hi Friedns,
>   I like to know which are the commands that you know but don't use more often.
> It will save us lots of time for me in learning process.

That, dear Friend, depends entirely on what you plan _not_ to do with
emacs.

cor

--
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes   Are You Sure ? ||YES||DO-IT||CHECK-IT||
Operatingsystem is just a name thou giveth to the rest of thy idiosyncratic

* Re: Not used often
@ 2002-11-03 23:23 ` Olaf Sylvester
From: Olaf Sylvester @ 2002-11-03 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I like to know which are the commands that you know but don't use more often.
> It will save us lots of time for me in learning process.

Stupid question.
There's only one function, I'll never use:
  kill-emacs

Olaf

* Re: Not used often
@ 2002-11-04  1:33   ` Artist
From: Artist @ 2002-11-04  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cor Gest <cor@clsnet.nl> wrote in message news:<87wunvnvb4.fsf@cleopatra.clsnet.nl>...
> googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:
>
> > Hi Friedns,
> >   I like to know which are the commands that you know but don't use more often.
> > It will save us lots of time for me in learning process.
>
> That, dear Friend, depends entirely on what you plan _not_ to do with
> emacs.

Hi
What I meant by this, actually is which are the commands that once you
make the settings for it, then you don't modify it often. Example,
Some people like certain background colors or set printers and then
they don't bother about how they have done in emacs often. They just
keep using the same colors or same printer settings and not worry
about for the rest of the life. These commands or settings are really
very useful but goes untouched for long time. I am looking for such
commands or customization.

This is in the spirit of having knowledge of what works really well,
when we spend lot of  time in customization and change the settings
often.

Thanks,
Artist

* Re: Not used often
@ 2002-11-04 15:28   ` Artist
From: Artist @ 2002-11-04 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Olaf Sylvester" <ole@geekware.de> wrote in message news:<aq4b7a$69b52$1@ID-159849.news.dfncis.de>...
> > I like to know which are the commands that you know but don't use more often.
> > It will save us lots of time for me in learning process.
>
> Stupid question.
> There's only one function, I'll never use:
>   kill-emacs
>
> Olaf

Hi,
 Carefull reading would have prevented you from making such comments.

Artist