all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Annoying scrolling in Emacs 21.2.1
@ 2002-10-29 16:19 Da Witch
From: Da Witch @ 2002-10-29 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just switched from v20.7.2 to v21.2.1.  Before I had the variable
scroll-step set to 1.  Now I set the variable scroll-conservatively to
1.  Still I don't get the desired behavior when I hold C-n and the
point gets to the bottom of the window.  Now, when this happens, the
visible buffer alternates between jumping to a new location and
rapidly scrolling the *top fifth* (or so) of the buffer.  It is
annoying beyond words.  How can I recover the old "scroll-step 1"
behavior?

Thanks!

hk

* Re: Annoying scrolling in Emacs 21.2.1
@ 2002-10-29 16:31 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-10-29 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Da Witch <heather710101@yahoo.com> writes:

> I just switched from v20.7.2 to v21.2.1.  Before I had the variable
> scroll-step set to 1.  Now I set the variable scroll-conservatively to
> 1.

Set `scroll-conservatively' to a large integer (I use 1000), and don't
set `scroll-step' at all.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

* Re: Annoying scrolling in Emacs 21.2.1
@ 2002-10-29 17:09   ` Da Witch
From: Da Witch @ 2002-10-29 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <87hef5ryux.fsf@enberg.org> Henrik Enberg <henrik+news@enberg.org> writes:

>Da Witch <heather710101@yahoo.com> writes:

>> I just switched from v20.7.2 to v21.2.1.  Before I had the variable
>> scroll-step set to 1.  Now I set the variable scroll-conservatively to
>> 1.

>Set `scroll-conservatively' to a large integer (I use 1000), and don't
>set `scroll-step' at all.

Thanks.