all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* .emacs problem
@ 2002-09-23 18:31 Dinos
From: Dinos @ 2002-09-23 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I do an incremental search the letter that it finds first get
highlighted with a blue color.  I find this very annoying
and I prefer it not to be highlighted at all as in old linux distributions.
How do I disable this?
I have allready set lazy-face to nil but I think this has to do with
.Xdefaults!

Best regards
Dino

* Re: .emacs problem
       [not found] <mailman.1032806239.20027.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-23 23:23 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-09-23 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dinos@IntegratedGenomics.com writes:

> When I do an incremental search the letter that it finds first get
> highlighted with a blue color.  I find this very annoying and I prefer
> it not to be highlighted at all as in old linux distributions.  How do
> I disable this?

Does it help to set `search-highlight' and maybe
`isearch-lazy-highlight' to nil?

@ 2002-09-24 14:02 ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2002-09-24 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think this sample should work.  Set whatever color you like.

(set-face-foreground 'isearch	   "black")
(set-face-background 'isearch	   "green")

This may also work.

(copy-face 'default 'isearch)

Bonus:

(set-face-foreground 'secondary-selection    "antiquewhite1")
(set-face-background 'secondary-selection    "Mediumblue")

In article <mailman.1032806239.20027.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646