all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior
@ 2019-12-21 22:34 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2019-12-21 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

control-k as near as I can tell deletes an entire line and not everything
to the right of point.
I was doing editing with it and wondering why it was messing up so badly
and now I know.

* RE: emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior
@ 2019-12-21 23:18 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2019-12-21 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell, help-gnu-emacs

> control-k as near as I can tell deletes an entire line and not
> everything to the right of point.

No, not by default it doesn't.

> I was doing editing with it and wondering why it was messing up so
> badly and now I know.

What is your value of variable `kill-whole-line'?

What does `C-h k `C-k' tell you?

* RE: emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior
@ 2019-12-21 23:44   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2019-12-21 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams, help-gnu-emacs

c-h k c-k told me lots.  Apparently kill-whole-line was non-nil.  I
fixed that now so shouldn't have this happen again unexpectedly.
Thanks.