all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* re: web design
@ 2018-01-02  4:46 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2018-01-02  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

html-tidy can certainly check web site grammar and perhaps repair it too.
I write perhaps since I suspect it is entirely possible to write an html
site so badly that not even html-tidy could repair the site.

One possible direction gnu tools might take in the future would be in
terms of scripts first to install when necessary Linux tools and use those
locally then send site files out for further checking and perhaps
processing and collect those the external sites processed for the
developers.  Multiple subdirectories with names of internal and external
tools on them could hold the processed content as the content got
processed and returned.  It would then be up to the site developers to
review what was returned in each subdirectory to find if any of the
processing tools made unacceptable errors.  html-tidy I consider a hybrid
since the tool can check and slso repair web site files as opposed to
w3cvalidator which so far as I know only checks web site files.  My nephew
who could use Windows prefers Linux for his web development he does for
other companies so if any of this starts happening I think he'll be very
interested and may even be making some technical contributions sooner or
later.

[parent not found: <mailman.6776.1515009232.27995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* re: web design
@ 2018-01-03 19:53 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2018-01-03 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

few if any who use screen readers to use computers are doing anything with
web design tools.  Screen reader accessibility of those tools is highly
questionable; accessibility of web design tools cannot be ensured without
retrofitting of output once complete, and there's too many layers between
web design and output which increases probabilities for breakage by bugs
and malware on each of those layers.

[parent not found: <mailman.6696.1514868412.27995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Web Design
@ 2017-12-30  1:47 M. R.P.
From: M. R.P. @ 2017-12-30  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

what gnu tools are their for web design?