all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: re: web design
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 23:46:40 -0500	[thread overview]

html-tidy can certainly check web site grammar and perhaps repair it too.
I write perhaps since I suspect it is entirely possible to write an html
site so badly that not even html-tidy could repair the site.

One possible direction gnu tools might take in the future would be in
terms of scripts first to install when necessary Linux tools and use those
locally then send site files out for further checking and perhaps
processing and collect those the external sites processed for the
developers.  Multiple subdirectories with names of internal and external
tools on them could hold the processed content as the content got
processed and returned.  It would then be up to the site developers to
review what was returned in each subdirectory to find if any of the
processing tools made unacceptable errors.  html-tidy I consider a hybrid
since the tool can check and slso repair web site files as opposed to
w3cvalidator which so far as I know only checks web site files.  My nephew
who could use Windows prefers Linux for his web development he does for
other companies so if any of this starts happening I think he'll be very
interested and may even be making some technical contributions sooner or
later.