all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Uptime vigil
@ 2021-10-02 19:16 Fredrik Tolf
From: Fredrik Tolf @ 2021-10-02 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear list,

I realize I'm a first-time poster here, but I felt the need to post a
short eulogy for an Emacs session on a backwater server that I haven't
rebooted in, you could argue, far too long. Now it is time to replace a
hard drive in it.

M-x emacs-uptime RET
7 years, 249 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes, 54 seconds

It's been a good run! I'm curious to see if anyone can beat it!

--
Fredrik Tolf

* Re: Uptime vigil
@ 2021-10-03  2:33 ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2021-10-03  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Did you keep this Emacs daemon running on some kind of self hosted server, or was this on a cloud instance?

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021, at 7:16 PM, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I realize I'm a first-time poster here, but I felt the need to post a
> short eulogy for an Emacs session on a backwater server that I haven't
> rebooted in, you could argue, far too long. Now it is time to replace a
> hard drive in it.
>
> M-x emacs-uptime RET
> 7 years, 249 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes, 54 seconds
>
> It's been a good run! I'm curious to see if anyone can beat it!
>
> --
> Fredrik Tolf

* Re: Uptime vigil
@ 2021-10-03  5:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-10-03  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 21:16:30 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@dolda2000.com>
>
> M-x emacs-uptime RET
> 7 years, 249 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes, 54 seconds

Thanks.  FTR, which Emacs version was that and on what OS?