On Mon, 30 Jan 2017, Juri Linkov wrote: >>>> +Optional arg REGION, if non-nil, mean restrict search to the >>>> +specified region. Otherwise search the entire buffer. >>>> +When REGION is non-nil, it must be a cons (START . END). >>> >>> When someone decides to add support for rectangular regions in occur later, >>> your current implementation will make this problematic since it changes >>> the format ((START . END)) to (START . END), that makes difficult to support >>> ((START1 . END1) (START2 . END2) ...) later. >>> >>> Let's stick to the same format in all uses of the new ‘REGION’ arg, and >>> currently in occur support only the degenerate case of ((START . END)) >>> for non-rectangular regions. >> >> Thanks. I was also a bit worry with that detail. >> OK, i keep the general format ((START . END)). >> Let me know if the following patch is OK to be pushed: > > Looks good to me, but you have to ask Eli for the permission to push. OK, I will ask. Thank you very much for your help implementing this.