On Tue, 6 Dec 2016, martin rudalics wrote: >> Your patch has perfect sense to me. Indeed i wrote an almost identical >> fix but you were faster than me. > > Damn. Next time I'll wait a day or two :-( > > But we still don't know what this ‘window-list’ stuff is all about. I'd > rather have asked ‘walk-window-tree-1’ on the main window to return the > last window it sees, but consider the following emacs -Q scenario: > > C-x 2 > C-x o > M-x ibuffer > m > m > D > > The confirmation buffer appears above the ibuffer buffer. I doubt that > such behavior is intentional but since I'm no ibuffer user ... I think it shows the author preference for, if possible, display *Ibuffer confirmation* in other window that the one showing Ibuffer. If the current frame just has a window showing Ibuffer, then *Ibuffer confirmation* is shown in that same window: emacs -Q M-x ibuffer RET d d x emacs -Q C-x b test RET M-x ibuffer RET H M-x other-frame RET d d x If we cannot show *Ibuffer confirmation* in the side window, because it's not allow to split it, it's more useful to chose another window, i.e., to follow your patch, instead of signal an error. Tino