On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Clément Pit--Claudel wrote: > On 2016-10-11 01:40, Tino Calancha wrote: >> Default for this option should be nil, i.e., show *Help* buffer >> as it has being traditionaly shown. > > Why? If this change is a good one, I think it should be on by default. Well, as you noticed the patch is kind of large. I think the parts of the patch which rewrite the code, refactoring, making more clear, robust, etc, of course should be _in_. The cosmetic parts applying some fontification, for instance, showing doc strings with doc font, could be optional. Some people may don't like them. In my case i prefer how *Help* buffer looks now an i would be dissapointed if after one 'git pull', i found that *Help* buffer looks very different. But it's just my opinion :-)