all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* maximising window?
@ 2014-06-07 23:27 James Freer
From: James Freer @ 2014-06-07 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

One thing I want to enter in the .emacs is the equivalent of alt+f10. Maximise
'window' isn't quite the same from what I've read this evening... in emacs
they're frames. Vary depending on Mac, linux or windows - I'm using Linux
Xubuntu on a CRT monitor.

At console --mm option is fine but only for first frame but not for gui. So I
tried the following... didn't seem to work and then commented them out.

These are the one's I tried (copied from the .emacs)..

;; fullscreen similar to alt+f10
;;(run-with-idle-timer 0.1 nil 'toggle-fullscreen)?
;;(defun toggle-full-screen)?
;;(require 'maxframe)
;;(add-hook 'window-setup-hook 'maximize-frame t)
;; auto frame sizing
;;(require 'autofit-frame)
;;(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions 'fit-frame)
;; To automatically fit frames that show a temporary buffer in their
;; sole window, add this to your initialization file also:
;;(add-hook 'temp-buffer-window-show-hook         ; Emacs 24.4+
;;             'fit-frame-if-one-window 'append)

I don't think I am on the right lines somehow... so ?

thanks
james