Emacs folks, Hello, I am a new and relatively inexperienced emacs user. I was wondering if there was an easy way to make a minor mode apply to all created buffers. I want to do this so that I can use the column marker mode in all of my buffers. So far I have tried applying the mode through mode hooks, but this strategy is unsuccessful for modes that do not provide a hook. Also, it seems like a bit of a hack, so I thought perhaps there might be a better way. Any advice for the newbie? Yours, James Aguilar -- [?] James Aguilar [@] 333 Rengstorff Ave #23, Mountain View, CA, 94043 [#] 314 494 0450 [!] And the strange thing, your life could end up changing [!] While you're dancing through!