all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Setting Emacs 24 background color/theme?
@ 2012-09-18 23:00 Alex Gittens
From: Alex Gittens @ 2012-09-18 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I'm new to Emacs, and trying to find a nice theme for prolonged typing. I installed Emacs 24 b/c it has built-in color themeing support, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

If I use the Emacs menu Options->Customize Emacs->Custom Themes, then the foreground color changes to the theme colors, but the background remains white in the GUI of Emacs and gray in the console version of Emacs.

How can I fix this?

* Re: Setting Emacs 24 background color/theme?
@ 2012-09-19  3:54 ` Alex Gittens
From: Alex Gittens @ 2012-09-19  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

What worked for me was to install Prelude (https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude via the curl method). For some reason, once that was installed, themeing started working correctly in both the GUI and console versions, using either M-x load-theme or going through the menu.