all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Template-like string escapes in a major mode
@ 2023-10-20 18:05 Nikolay Kudryavtsev
From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev @ 2023-10-20 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hello. I have a major mode that I've been slowly developing on and off.

One thing that's left to implement for me is template engine-like string
escapes. For example lets say we have a string "My name is [name]",
where name should be treated as if it was outside of the string. Note
that [] brackets can also appear normally like any C-inspired language,
so they're only special within the "" quotes.

The way I understood is that I can't just rely on the syntax classes
here and I have to write my own syntax-propertize-function. But this
also seems like a very typical problem that's been solved in many
existing major modes, so I somewhat expect someone to have the exact
syntax-propertize-function I'm looking for already developed and tested.
Any other pointers would be welcome too.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-10-20 18:05 UTC | newest]