Currently url-hexify-string has an optional argument allowed-chars, which is a long vector. However, it is more natural to specify a list of characters. Internally, the default value of allowed-chars is specified by converting a list of chars to such a vector by using an internal function url--allow-chars. I would like to suggest to document url--allow-chars for external use, thus we can improve the interface of the url-hexify-string function. I can draft the document change, if you agree with me.