all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Line Numbers change to Italics in theme
@ 2015-05-05 15:20 Ben Hayden
From: Ben Hayden @ 2015-05-05 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to keep italic characters on the first column of the line (ex. start of a comment string in certain theme) from changing the line number to be italicized as well? I'm using the smyx theme (http://emacsthemes.caisah.info/smyx-theme/). Thanks!

* Re: Line Numbers change to Italics in theme
@ 2015-05-06 19:30 ` Ben Hayden
From: Ben Hayden @ 2015-05-06 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 10:20:22 AM UTC-5, Ben Hayden wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Does anyone know how to keep italic characters on the first column of the line (ex. start of a comment string in certain theme) from changing the line number to be italicized as well? I'm using the smyx theme (http://emacsthemes.caisah.info/smyx-theme/). Thanks!

For anyone in the future that has this problem: I fixed my problem by specifically setting the :slant attribute of the 'linum face to normal. This kept it from being italicized.

* Re: Line Numbers change to Italics in theme
@ 2015-06-25 19:58   ` Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2015-06-25 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Hayden; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Ben Hayden <hayden767@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 10:20:22 AM UTC-5, Ben Hayden wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to keep italic characters on the first column of
> the line (ex. start of a comment string in certain theme) from changing the
> line number to be italicized as well? I'm using the smyx theme (
> http://emacsthemes.caisah.info/smyx-theme/). Thanks!
>
> For anyone in the future that has this problem: I fixed my problem by
> specifically setting the :slant attribute of the 'linum face to normal.
> This kept it from being italicized.

​Been annoyed by this for quite some time.  Finally, a viable solution.
Good job!​