On 05.01.2021 00:25, Daniel Martín wrote: > Thanks, it fixes the test failures for me. However, I still see the > extra '/' if I follow these steps: > > - make TAGS > - emacs -Q > - Visit src/xdisp.c > - M-? in redisplay_internal > > Perhaps there are more places that need that patch. Thanks, that's the third place, and probably the final one. In the meantime, plot thickens: as pointed out privately by Davis Herring, using 'find' on a directory without a trailing slash will fail if the directory is a symlink (it will only list the symlink itself). At this point we could double down on this approach and use the '-H' argument (though grep-find-template doesn't make this easy), or return to your original patch. Or yet alternatively, paper over this inside the xref-location-group defmethod. The two alternatives attached. So I guess I should ask: was the particular behavior annoying by itself, or is it only a problem because of the failing test? I also wonder whether all macOS users see this, or whether it's maybe fixed in some latest version of BSD find. Because it's apparently (arguably) a bug: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/320440/166215