all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Xemacs Xsymbol Latex and dabbrev
@ 2008-10-23  9:46 Benny
From: Benny @ 2008-10-23  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Every one,
I use xemacs for writing in LaTeX. I use X-symbol support.  In
addition, have enabled dabbrev/hippie-expand for auto completion. But
there is a catch. All math token (say \longrightarrow) are converted
into their X-symbol encoding(in this example, to something like -->).
So I have to retype the whole \longrightarrow each time I need it.
Ofcourse I can disable x-symbol mode which trying to expand but that
is a pain and I haven't been
able to write a lisp code to do it automatically.
Is there a way to make sure that while trying to expand, Xemacs does
try the tokens corresponding to the latex math symbols too?

Thank you for your patience
Benny George

* Re: Xemacs Xsymbol Latex and dabbrev
@ 2008-10-23 22:28 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-10-23 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benny; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Benny <bennykenkireth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Every one,
> I use xemacs for writing in LaTeX. I use X-symbol support.

Just a heads-up:
This list is for users of GNU Emacs.  There aren't many XEmacs users
here, so you might have better luck at other places

e.g.: http://www.xemacs.org/Lists/

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher