all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Indenting property lists with keywords as property names
@ 2012-08-11  9:35 Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2012-08-11  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello there,

this is how Emacs Lisp Mode indents a property list with keywords as
property names:

'(:a x
      :b y
      :c z)

I'm looking for a way to have the keywords aligned like this:

'(:a x
   :b y
   :c z)

Without resorting to rewriting the list like this:

(list :a 'x
       :b 'y
       :c 'z)

I've looked into the Lisp Indent Customize Group and into the Emacs
Manuals to no avail.

Or is the code conceptually wrong from the beginning, as you are not
expected to quote keywords? However, both (keyword :a) and (keyword ':a)
return t.

Thanks.

* Re: Indenting property lists with keywords as property names
@ 2012-08-14 12:27 ` Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2012-08-14 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

So far, I've found a workaround: writing the property list like this:

'(
   :a x
   :b y
   :c z)

I looked into the `lisp-indent-function' property as well, but it cannot
be used in this case.