2009/6/1 Nick Roberts > > I get the following error message: > > Starting program: /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg > > /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg: error while loading shared libraries: > > libmisc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory > > It doesn't sound like in Emacs problem. Does > > ldd /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg > > find libmisc.so? > > What happens if you run gdb from the command line? If you start Emacs from > the desktop, LD_LIBRARY_PATH might not be set. > > $MYPATH/prg/src and $MYPATH/misc/src look like src folders. It's usual to > to put executables and shared objects in bin and lib directories > respectively. > > -- > Nick > http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob With LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in ~/.bashrc , gdb was loading misc library when started from console. However when started from emacs , as well as from kdevelop, it was not loading misc I solved it by adding to my .gdbinit set solib-search-path /mnt/sda5/Programming/misc/src It works also if I add to my prg's Makefile g++ .... -lmisc -Wl,-rpath=/mnt/sda5/Programming/misc/src I see now it was a gdb issue, not an emacs or kdevelop one. Thanks again.