Hi all, I ran into a problem recently with emacs and gdb, and right now I am looking for some help, posting here. I compiled one program and one shared library in their coresponding $MYPATH/prg/src and $MYPATH/misc/src folders. I set in ~/.bashrc the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to $MYPATH/misc/src folder where libmisc.so is saved. I open console and run: gdb prg and everything goes fine. I started to work with emacs recently and I go with: M-x gdb , gdb prg , and then break main, and run. I get the following error message: Starting program: /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg /mnt/sda5/Programming/prg/src/prg: error while loading shared libraries: libmisc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory If this (my fist post) on list is not the appropiate thing to find a solution to my problem, please advice. vmihai.