all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* modified line markers in emacs
@ 2011-04-14 11:20 Adam Visegradi
From: Adam Visegradi @ 2011-04-14 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!

I've done some google-ing on this with no avail.

There is a feature in other editors like Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.,
which I'd like to see in Emacs. When a line is modified, it's marked
with a (usually) yellow bar on its left, and when it's saved, the bar
changes to green. This way I can easily see my recent modifications in
a code.

I couldn't find anything on Google, because I'm not even sure how this
feature is called. With 'annotation', mostly svn results turn up,
'markers' seem to mean the markers on the scrollbar showing positions
of errors, warnings, etc. in the code.

Do you know any minor mode which grants this feature? Or how it is
called in the first place.

Thanks!
Adam

* Re: modified line markers in emacs
@ 2011-04-14 15:41 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-04-14 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Do you know any minor mode which grants this feature? Or how it is
> called in the first place.

You might try highlight-changes-mode.