all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 14:37 tipmaster
From: tipmaster @ 2008-02-02 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to replace username and ident that rcirc uses by default.
rcirc by default uses my linux login name.  Is there a way to change
this.  I am not an expert in lisp/elisp.

thanks.

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 16:21 ` Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo
From: Exal de Jesus Garcia Carrillo @ 2008-02-02 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 17:11 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found]   ` <mailman.6884.1201979137.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-02-02 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-nick RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-full-name RET ]

,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-user-name RET ]
| rcirc-default-user-name is a variable defined in `rcirc.el'.
| Its value is "heimdall"
|
| Documentation:
| Your user name sent to the server when connecting.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

As you can see, all of them are customizable, so you don't need any lisp
knowledge.

HTH,
Tassilo
--
It is better to give than to receive. This is especially true of a Chuck
Norris roundhouse kick.

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 19:05   ` Michael Hoffman
       [not found]   ` <mailman.6884.1201979137.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michael Hoffman @ 2008-02-02 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> ,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-nick RET ]
> | rcirc-default-nick is a variable defined in `rcirc.el'.
> | Its value is "tsdh"
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Your nick.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> `----

Out of curiosity, is there a special function to create these boxes or
you do them by hand?

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 19:21     ` Tom Rauchenwald
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6885.1201980457.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2008-02-02 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Look for boxquote.el, e.g. here: http://www.davep.org/emacs/boxquote.el

--
Then I drew in a breath, and my renewed will with it, lifted the rod
in my right hand, murmured a phrase in a language I didn't know, and

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
@ 2008-02-02 19:27     ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6885.1201980457.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-02-02 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com> writes:

Hi Michael,

>> ,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-nick RET ]
>> | rcirc-default-nick is a variable defined in `rcirc.el'.
>> | Its value is "tsdh"
>> | Your nick.
>> `----
>
> Out of curiosity, is there a special function to create these boxes or
> you do them by hand?

That's boxquote.el [1].

Bye,
Tassilo
__________
[1] www.davep.org/emacs/boxquote.el
--
People sometimes  ask me if it  is a sin in  the Church of  Emacs to use
vi. Using a free  version of vi is not a sin; it  is a penance. So happy

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
       [not found]   ` <mailman.6884.1201979137.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-03 13:21     ` rthoreau
From: rthoreau @ 2008-02-03 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Feb 2, 1:05 pm, Michael Hoffman <b3i4ol...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Tassilo Horn wrote:
> > ,----[ C-h v rcirc-default-nick RET ]
> > | rcirc-default-nick is a variable defined in `rcirc.el'.
> > | Its value is "tsdh"
> > |
> > | Documentation:
> > | Your nick.
> > |
> > | You can customize this variable.
> > `----
>
> Out of curiosity, is there a special function to create these boxes or
> you do them by hand?

You can also use the C-c C-r to change the nick that you are using at
the time, also you might want to have it load your favorite channels
on your irc server that you use.

* Re: rcirc set user name, ident
       [not found]     ` <mailman.6885.1201980457.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-02-04 19:48       ` Joel J. Adamson