all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Configure case insensitive filename auto-complete
@ 2007-12-24  8:57 Bruza
From: Bruza @ 2007-12-24  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: benruza

Is there a way to make my min-buffer filename auto-complete case
sensitive? I personally think it's really annoying having to remember
the case of the first letter of your file (is it "MySQL.txt" or
"mysql.txt"??) when using filename auto-complete search. After all,
the auto-complete is meant to help you so that you don't have to
remember exactly what the filename is...

Can someone help? Thanks in advance,

Bruza

* Re: Configure case insensitive filename auto-complete
@ 2007-12-24  9:30 ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2007-12-24  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2007-12-24 09:57 +0100, Bruza wrote:

> Is there a way to make my min-buffer filename auto-complete case
> sensitive? I personally think it's really annoying having to remember
> the case of the first letter of your file (is it "MySQL.txt" or
> "mysql.txt"??) when using filename auto-complete search. After all,
> the auto-complete is meant to help you so that you don't have to
> remember exactly what the filename is...

Set read-file-name-completion-ignore-case to t.

Sven

* Re: Configure case insensitive filename auto-complete
@ 2007-12-25  9:01   ` Bruza
From: Bruza @ 2007-12-25  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Dec 24, 1:30 am, Sven Joachim <svenj...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2007-12-24 09:57 +0100, Bruza wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to make my min-buffer filename auto-complete case
> > sensitive? I personally think it's really annoying having to remember
> > the case of the first letter of your file (is it "MySQL.txt" or
> > "mysql.txt"??) when using filename auto-complete search. After all,
> > the auto-complete is meant to help you so that you don't have to
> > remember exactly what the filename is...
>
> Set read-file-name-completion-ignore-case to t.
>
> Sven

Sven,

It works! Thanks a lot :-)...

Ben