all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* message not understood
@ 2015-12-21  8:06 Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2015-12-21  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: bjvilfan

Hello,
I am receiving the following message from my emacs:

(emacs:22543): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 79237 was not found when attempting to remove it

can someone tell what must I do to correct the situation.
Regards,
bostjanv

* Re: message not understood
       [not found] <mailman.303.1450707949.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-12-21 14:42 ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2015-12-21 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bostjan Vilfan <bostjanv@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Hello,
> I am receiving the following message from my emacs:
>
> (emacs:22543): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 79237 was not found when attempting to remove it
>
> can someone tell what must I do to correct the situation.
> Regards,
> bostjanv

You don't say when the error occurs, so it is difficult to give advice
on how to fix the problem.  Having said that, I sometimes see this kind
of error when I open an email attachment in Gnus using an external
viewer (evince-previewer) at the point when I then close the viewer.  A
similar error then appears in the message buffer.  As far as I can tell,
the error is of no further consequence and is just a warning that an
attempt was made to remove some object which no longer exists.

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: message not understood
@ 2015-12-21 14:47 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2015-12-21 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bostjan Vilfan <bostjanv@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Hello,
> I am receiving the following message from my emacs:
>
> (emacs:22543): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 79237 was not found when attempting to remove it
>
> can someone tell what must I do to correct the situation.

Well, it's a GLib message, so you would ask to a mailling list or
newsgroup concerned about GLib, or grep for the message in GLib sources.

I have no idea what it could be.

@ 2015-12-22  3:36 ` Rusi
From: Rusi @ 2015-12-22  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 7:55:53 PM UTC+5:30, Bostjan Vilfan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am receiving the following message from my emacs:
>
> (emacs:22543): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 79237 was not found when attempting
> to remove it
>
> can someone tell what must I do to correct the situation.
> Regards,
> bostjanv

Standard advice in such cases:
Start emacs from the shell (ie command-prompt and not clicking an icon)
And start it as
$ emacs -Q

What happens?
Where? (ie in emacs or in the shell?)

* Re: message not understood
@ 2015-12-27 22:25 ` Robert Thorpe
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2015-12-27 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bostjan Vilfan; +Cc: bjvilfan, help-gnu-emacs

Bostjan Vilfan <bostjanv@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Hello,
> I am receiving the following message from my emacs:
>
> (emacs:22543): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 79237 was not found when
> attempting to remove it
>
> can someone tell what must I do to correct the situation.

I've seen this happen before.  It seems to be caused by incompatibility
between different libraries in the GNOME system.  Or by incompatibility
between the way an application is using GNOME and the way the current
version should be used.  By itself it doesn't seem to be worth
worrying about.

BR,
Robert Thorpe