all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Open files automatically with Emacs in Vista
@ 2007-11-28 14:03 Jan-Henrik
From: Jan-Henrik @ 2007-11-28 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I recently started using GNU Emacs in Windows Vista, and have been
wondering how to open files (.tex for instance) automatically in
Emacs? (By doubleclicking on the file)

Didn't find a solution for Vista... XP worked fine with a tutorial I
found...

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings from Germany

Jan

* Re: Open files automatically with Emacs in Vista
@ 2007-11-29 17:17 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found] ` <mailman.4314.1196356692.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-11-29 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan-Henrik; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Jan-Henrik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I recently started using GNU Emacs in Windows Vista, and have been
> wondering how to open files (.tex for instance) automatically in
> Emacs? (By doubleclicking on the file)
>
> Didn't find a solution for Vista... XP worked fine with a tutorial I
> found...
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Greetings from Germany
>
> Jan

You could try EmacsW32 where you easily can make file associations
during the installation (and you can rerun that part to make more
associations).

@ 2007-11-29 20:40   ` Jan-Henrik
From: Jan-Henrik @ 2007-11-29 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 29 Nov., 18:17, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could try EmacsW32 where you easily can make file associations
> during the installation (and you can rerun that part to make more
> associations).

THANK YOU!
:-)

It works...and so comfortable!

@ 2007-12-03 21:49 ` Oleksander Gavenko
From: Oleksander Gavenko @ 2007-12-03 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

See this

http://www.xsteve.at/prg/emacs/emacsassoc.bat

@ 2007-12-07  7:49   ` Brian Elmegaard
From: Brian Elmegaard @ 2007-12-07  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> You could try EmacsW32 where you easily can make file associations
> during the installation (and you can rerun that part to make more
> associations).

Last time I tried (nov 16) I had problems with EmacsW32 in vista. It
cannot start the client/server process. Has it been fixed since then
or am I doing something wrong?
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html

* Re: Open files automatically with Emacs in Vista
@ 2007-12-07  9:00     ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-12-07  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Elmegaard; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Brian Elmegaard wrote:
> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> You could try EmacsW32 where you easily can make file associations
>> during the installation (and you can rerun that part to make more
>> associations).
>
> Last time I tried (nov 16) I had problems with EmacsW32 in vista. It
> cannot start the client/server process. Has it been fixed since then
> or am I doing something wrong?

Can you tell me exactly what the problems are? Are you using 64-bit Vista?