all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* info bar isn't showing anything
@ 2008-05-16  2:35 Rich E
From: Rich E @ 2008-05-16  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: gnu-emacs-help

I don't know what happened, but after installing a new version of Ubuntu
(and keeping the same home directory, including .emacs)
, the bar that normal shows what file I have open an what line I'm on, etc,
is solid grey.

Does anyone know how to change the color settings?  I think the text must be
the same as the color of the bar or something.  What is this thing called,
anyway? Might make it easier for me to search for commands if I knew its
name.

cheers,
Rich

* Re: info bar isn't showing anything
@ 2008-05-16  4:22 ` Rich E
From: Rich E @ 2008-05-16  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: gnu-emacs-help

I just noticed that it is only the currently active buffer; if I have more
than one buffer open, the info bar displays normally on the buffers not
active.  what is going on...

@ 2008-05-17 18:49   ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2008-05-17 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 15 May 2008 21:22:25 -0700 "Rich E" <reakinator@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just noticed that it is only the currently active buffer; if I have more
> than one buffer open, the info bar displays normally on the buffers not
> active.  what is going on...
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Rich E <reakinator@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I don't know what happened, but after installing a new version of Ubuntu
>     (and keeping the same home directory, including .emacs)
>     , the bar that normal shows what file I have open an what line I'm on,
>     etc, is solid grey.
>
>     Does anyone know how to change the color settings?  I think the text must
>     be the same as the color of the bar or something.  What is this thing
>     called, anyway? Might make it easier for me to search for commands if I
>     knew its name.
>
>     cheers,
>     Rich

Type `M-x (i.e. Alt-X) customize-face', then return, then at the prompt
type `mode-line'.  For the non-selected buffers type `M-x
customize-face', then return, then `mode-line-inactive' the prompt.

Steve Berman

* Re: info bar isn't showing anything
@ 2008-05-18  0:08     ` Rich E
From: Rich E @ 2008-05-18  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw