all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to open two bash shells in Emacs
@ 2008-05-08  9:13 Lorenzo Isella
       [not found] ` <mailman.11322.1210239225.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lorenzo Isella @ 2008-05-08  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear All,
I often run bash within emacs with the command M-x shell. It all goes
fine, but sometimes I would need two bash shells, since I may be
operating more or less simultaneously on files on different locations
and it is tedious to re-input every time their path. However, how does
one open simultaneously two shells within emacs?
Repeating M-x shell does not do what I want.
Cheers

Lorenzo

* Re: How to open two bash shells in Emacs
@ 2008-05-08  9:33 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.11322.1210239225.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-05-08  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lorenzo Isella; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 08.05.2008 um 11:13 schrieb Lorenzo Isella:

> However, how does one open simultaneously two shells within emacs?

C-u M-x shell RET ?

Or rename the first shell's buffer and then type M-x shell RET again.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
				- Donald Knuth

@ 2008-05-08 21:34   ` Xah
From: Xah @ 2008-05-08 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On May 8, 2:33 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 08.05.2008 um 11:13 schrieb Lorenzo Isella:
>
> > However, how does one open simultaneously two shells within emacs?
>
> C-u M-x shell RET ?
>
> Or rename the first shell's buffer and then type M-x shell RET again.

I recall, xemacs will just let you open second shell automatically. I
think that is a better behavior.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread