all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Changing background color of NonText
@ 2010-07-22 17:19 Benoit Thomas
From: Benoit Thomas @ 2010-07-22 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Is there a way to change the background color of NonText. I know how to
do it in Vim but I cannot find how to do it in Emacs.

Thanks,
Ben.

* Changing background color of NonText
@ 2010-07-22 21:37 Benoit Thomas
From: Benoit Thomas @ 2010-07-22 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

Is there a way to change the background color of NonText. I know how to
do it in Vim but I cannot find how to do it in Emacs.

Thanks,
Ben.

* Re: Changing background color of NonText
@ 2010-07-24  7:41 ` Bernardo
From: Bernardo @ 2010-07-24  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

> Is there a way to change the background color of NonText. I know how to
> do it in Vim but I cannot find how to do it in Emacs.

not sure if i understand correctly, but a quick 'n' dirty way would be
to put something like this in your .emacs file:
(set-face-background 'default "black")

or if you are more adventurous:
(setq default-frame-alist
       `((background-color . "#F0FFF0") ; or "orange" or whatever
          ; other settings ....
         ))

see "Customizing Faces" in the manual for more information e.g. type
M-: (info "(Emacs)Customizing Faces")

or maybe visit http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CustomizingFaces

* Re: Changing background color of NonText
       [not found] <mailman.5.1279947909.24344.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2010-07-25  9:43 ` TheFlyingDutchman
From: TheFlyingDutchman @ 2010-07-25  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jul 22, 10:19 am, Benoit Thomas <benoit.tho...@gameloft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to change the background color of NonText. I know how to
> do it in Vim but I cannot find how to do it in Emacs.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben.

Does NonText mean only the part of the document where there is
whtespace (spaces/tabs/carriage return)?