all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* delete whole word (ssh)
@ 2008-10-06 14:14 Rafal Kurcz
From: Rafal Kurcz @ 2008-10-06 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello

The backspace didn't work in emacs on ssh session.
I put the following into my config file to use the backspace to delete
the character at the left side of a cursor:

(keyboard-translate ?\C-h ?\C-?)
or
(global-set-key "\C-h" 'backward-delete-char)

Unfortunately ctrl-backspace does not delete whole words but only one
character.
How can I force emacs to delete whole words on ssh session.

Thanks