all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-13 18:18 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-09-13 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I don't remember bookmarks being disrupted by edits like the disruptions
I just noticed.  Say

* entry
** component
Some text.
  [and some editing of that text]
* another entry
^ [book mark]
** component

C-x C-s and go visit some other file.  When I do C-x rb to get back to
the original file and the next entry that I need to work on, `* another
entry', it brings me to a location near the intended but not really.

Um, have I just never noticed the inexactitude before?

I've tried it in Org and Outline Modes with emacs -Q.

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-14  4:32 ` Wang Lei
From: Wang Lei @ 2009-09-14  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've tried what you say. Never found that.

It just jumps to where the mark maked.

--
Regards
Lei

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-14 15:08   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-09-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Wang Lei <wanglei.198112@gmail.com> writes:

    I've tried what you say. Never found that.

    It just jumps to where the mark maked.

Thank you.  I use

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of
2009-09-10 on g41r2f1

and I'm starting to assume that it's a bug in it.

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-15 11:53     ` Wang Lei
From: Wang Lei @ 2009-09-15 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.6) of
2009-09-14 on nautilus, modified by Debian

Version is older than you ha. Hope others may help confirming it.

@ 2009-09-15 11:55     ` Wang Lei
From: Wang Lei @ 2009-09-15 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

@ 2009-09-15 16:17       ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-09-15 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Wang Lei <wanglei.198112@gmail.com> writes:

    GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.6) of
    2009-09-14 on nautilus, modified by Debian

    Version is older than you ha. Hope others may help confirming it.

Nope, not older:  23.1.50 will become 24.x ...

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-15 23:47 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-09-15 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't remember bookmarks being disrupted by edits like the disruptions
> I just noticed.  Say
>
> * entry
> ** component
> Some text.
>   [and some editing of that text]
> * another entry
> ^ [book mark]
> ** component
>
> C-x C-s and go visit some other file.  When I do C-x rb to get back to
> the original file and the next entry that I need to work on, `* another
> entry', it brings me to a location near the intended but not really.
>
> Um, have I just never noticed the inexactitude before?

I can't reproduce this.

> I've tried it in Org and Outline Modes with emacs -Q.

Can you send the full recipe?

 Bastien

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-16  0:03   ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-09-16  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

    Can you send the full recipe?

I'm not sure what to add to what I posted on devel.  What do you need?

* Re: outline, org and bookmarks
@ 2009-09-16  9:15     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-09-16  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>     Can you send the full recipe?
>
> I'm not sure what to add to what I posted on devel.  What do you need?

Maybe (1) the file that you are using, the step by step with emacs -Q
(as you did, but supposing the tester has the file you'll send) and the
wrong position of the cursor when you call C-x r b.

--
 Bastien

From: Bastien @ 2009-09-16  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>     Can you send the full recipe?
>
> I'm not sure what to add to what I posted on devel.  What do you need?

Also the part of your configuration that relates to bookmarks and
outline-mode.

--
 Bastien