I edit various files using tramp, i am on a slow connection thus want to avoid saving remote files while exiting. the default value for desktop-files-not-to-save is "^/[^/:]*:" when i check the regex using list buffers it does match tramp files but they are still saved when i exit emacs. is there another way to make desktop-mode skip tramp files? i have the following in my .emacs for loading desktop. ;;destop mode (load "desktop") (desktop-load-default) ;(desktop-read) ;; automatically save the desktop on exit. (setq desktop-enable t) ;;save where we left cursor in file on kill (require 'saveplace) (setq-default save-place t) thanks... -- Nurullah Akkaya http://nakkaya.com