all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Printing in windows
@ 2003-08-01 20:07 Harshdeep S Jawanda
From: Harshdeep S Jawanda @ 2003-08-01 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using GNU Emacs 21.1.1 on win2k.  How do I get it to print?  That
is, how do I "name" the printer?

Thanks.

--
Harshdeep S Jawanda

* Re: Printing in windows
       [not found] <mailman.9.1059805475.2377.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-08-02 19:07 ` Herb Martin
From: Herb Martin @ 2003-08-02 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am using GNU Emacs 21.1.1 on win2k.  How do I get it to print?  That
> is, how do I "name" the printer?

I am new here myself but here's a link:
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/EmacsIn24h/emacs018.htm

An excerpt...
<<<
For most people setting the printer for NT Emacs is simple.
You leave it alone and Emacs prints to the default printer.
(setq printer-name "LPT1:")

Put this or something like it into your .emacs file. Although PRN is the
preferred
default printer for Windows (it always points to your default printer),
sometimes
you are better off selecting a specific printer such as LPT1.

You can also set your printer to a network shared printer:
(setq printer-name "//server/deskjet")

All that talk of PRN and LTP1 seems a little dated but looks
like it will work.

* Re: Printing in windows
@ 2003-08-02 21:19 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-08-02 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:07:12 -0600
> From: Harshdeep S Jawanda <hjawanda@cs.unm.edu>
>
> I am using GNU Emacs 21.1.1 on win2k.  How do I get it to print?  That
> is, how do I "name" the printer?

I think the node "MS-DOS Printing" in the Emacs manual should help
you.  (That node talks about MS-DOS and MS-Windows alike, its name
notwithstanding.)

@ 2003-08-03 19:15 ` Herb Martin
From: Herb Martin @ 2003-08-03 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is another printing help page -- worthy of a book mark
since it leads to:
GNU Emacs FAQ For Windows 95/98/ME/NT/XP and 2000
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq6.html#printing-emacs

And while we're at it, the EmacsWiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl