On Tue, Aug 20, 2024 at 02:59:51PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Spencer Baugh [...] > > Is there a way to achieve this with display properties? > > Why do you need display properties? What's wrong with > > (format "%5s" THE-STRING) This was my "inner question", too. Then I thought that some folks might like to use proportional fonts (yeah, Computer Modern has explicit fixed width for numerals, but not everyone's as wise as DEK ;-) Not that I would allow a proportional font near my Emacs, ever... Cheers -- t