On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 02:05:24PM -0600, Adam Porter wrote: > Dear Richard, [...] > * "making bindings that cover the rest of the body...the ability to make > bindings and continue with further clauses" > > As several here have mentioned, this is not universally perceived as an > advance. It can easily lead to ambiguity and cause confusion. It is not > very "Lispy" (similarly to cl-loop, where the bounds of its bindings are > ultimately contained at the top level, but can be introduced without > explicit or obvious bounds). I agree on this one. This is the single feature which would confuse me most: more and more I expect bindings to "stay whithin their lexical context" with little exceptions. This would be one more. Cheers -- t