On Fri, Sep 08, 2023 at 01:52:53PM +0100, João Távora wrote: [...] > Great. Precise project-wide analysis (as opposed to more-or-less dumb > grep-based) is exactly the main thing we should be targeting IMO. > Is "rename" the only thing it does or can you, say, extract subexpressions > to variables, organize imports, etc? As someone who has done quite a bit of "grep based refactoring", one observation: of course, this can only me made semi-manually. But then, the process has found things for me a syntax based refactoring tool wouldn't ever have, like a variable name's mention in a comment (or docstring, or even more insidious: possibly temporarily un-commented code!) where I went "oh, yes, I want to change that too". Food for thought. Cheers -- t