On Fri, Sep 01, 2023 at 04:58:53PM +0200, Arthur Miller wrote: > Richard Stallman writes: > > > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > > Would you please stop arguing for rewriting Emacs in Common Lisp? It > > is a non-starter. > > Can we not even talk about it? > > [...] "free speach" [...] Yikes. I call Godwin on this (half-kidding). No, seriously. I think the least you could do would be to read on the different CL re-implementations of Emacs (I only knew about Climacs [1], but someone in this thread posted references to a handful) and come back explaining to us why you think none of those have gained traction and what to try next time. Otherwise we're bound to turn around rehashing this thing time and again without learning anything new. If the idea is to ramble aimlessly for rambling's sake (which is a very honourable idea indeed), perhaps emacs-tangents would be a better place to enjoy that. Quite a few very smart people have come up with this idea without knowing what happened before. Here [2], for example is Tom Tromey "hey, let's implement Emacs in Common Lisp" from 2012, whereas Cliki (as pointed out by some of his readers) is from... 2008. We're all dwarfs. If we don't stand on shoulders of giants, we don't see zilch. Cheers [1] https://climacs.common-lisp.dev/ [2] https://tromey.com/blog/?p=709 -- t