On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 03:24:43PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: [...] > IMNSHO, discussing a rewrite of Emacs in _any_ language is waste of > time and energy. We've seen this many times (because people still > insist on bringing this up from time to time) [...] What irks me most in such cases is not the idea itself, or the wish to discuss it. It's rather that those people consistently seem to want others to do the grunt work. Usually they seem to shy away from looking at former attempts and trying to learn something from them. Now this would be an interesting contribution: what's wrong with Climacs? What's right? What went wrong with PortableHemlock and what can we learn from it? Heck, they even seem too lazy to take the discussion to emacs-tangents. Huffing and puffing about freedom of expression is a bit... strange in this context. But seems to be fashionable these days. Cheers -- t