Hello, Po. Apologies, the patch I sent earlier was defective, not applying cleanly to the Emacs master branch. I also should have sent the patch as an attachment. I'm now sending the patch as attachment. It should apply cleanly to the master branch or emacs-29. On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 19:25:41 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 19:51:50 +0800, Po Lu wrote: > > Joseph Garvin writes: [ .... ] > OK, I've amended C Mode, C++ Mode and Objective C Mode to fontify > identifiers starting with a $. > Please apply the patch below to .../lisp/progmodes/cc-langs.el, and > (since Lisp macros have been changed) recompile the entire CC Mode files > and reload them. (Joseph, if you want any help with the patching or > compiling, feel free to send me private email.) Then please try out the > new version on your real code, and confirm to me that the bug has been > fixed, or tell me what's still wrong. > Thanks! [ .... ] -- Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).