all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tabulated-list-print  updates buffer content and sets it read-only
@ 2023-06-16 17:46 uzibalqa
From: uzibalqa @ 2023-06-16 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I have been using "tabulated-list-print", which updates the buffer content and sets it to
read-only mode by default. This prevents modifications to the buffer after it has been
printed.  Just printing the table is not very useful because it is quite common to want
to print some informational context in the buffer.  And because one can use (erase-buffer),
there is no need to update the buffer content.

* Re: tabulated-list-print  updates buffer content and sets it read-only
@ 2023-06-21 17:52 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-06-21 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa; +Cc: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

* uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me> [2023-06-16 19:04]:
> I have been using "tabulated-list-print", which updates the buffer content and sets it to
> read-only mode by default. This prevents modifications to the buffer after it has been
> printed.  Just printing the table is not very useful because it is quite common to want
> to print some informational context in the buffer.  And because one can use (erase-buffer),
> there is no need to update the buffer content.

Not really, you can update entries and update the buffer.

I can see that I am updating something in y function and then simply
using again: (tabulated-list-print t t)

So yes, you can update it.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns