On Sun, Sep 04, 2022 at 08:25:54AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote: [...] > > Magit is instantly intuitive and all interactive. Its a difference > > between telling computer what to do vs computer asking/presenting > > options for what needs to be done. > > > > Its bit hard to describe, but in short Magit provides superior UX by a > > wide margin. > > Magit has a very different, unique UI that could be more convenient to > some/many people who want to use only Git. Which is why we want it to > be part of the Emacs core. To provide a (fairly unimportant) data point: I am a happy Git user, mostly from the command line. Still, when I use an Emacs interface, I strongly prefer VC. Magit feels to me kind of intrusive. But that's me. I'm weird. Cheers -- t