all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* auto-save directory?
@ 2022-03-19  4:06 hw
From: hw @ 2022-03-19  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help GNU Emacs

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to have emacs put all auto-save files
into a configurable directory.  We can set `tramp-auto-save-directory`,
but there doesn't seem an equivalent option for files that are not
remote.  I couldn't find one in either the documentation, nor the source.

I'd find it nicer to have all auto-save files in one place instead of
all over the place.  Is there such an option, and if there isn't, would
that be worth making a feature request?