On Fri, Feb 04, 2022 at 03:47:19PM +0300, Jean Louis wrote: > > (require 'thingatpt) > > 123 > ^ > > when I place cursor there under number 2, and > evaluate (bounds-of-thing-at-point 'number) I get result nil. I > am expecting to get the bounds. > > When I evaluate (thing-at-point 'number) then I get see result being 123. Note that number isn't among the things mentioned in the function doc of `bounds-of-thing-at-point'. It is, however in that of `thing-at-point'. So the behaviour you describe is surprising, but it is documented :) Perhaps both functions might want to get reconciled with each others. But perhaps there is a deeper reason their "things" lists differ. Cheers -- t