all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Working web links when writing to a dedicated buffer?
@ 2021-05-02 20:25 Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2021-05-02 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

Is there a way to include working web links when writing to a dedicated buffer?

(defvar gungadin-version-license
  "\nGungadin 1.0 of 2017-05-02\n
Gungadin is part of Behistun, a Gnu Package.
Copyright (C) 2017 Christopher Dimech
Author: Christopher Dimech

Gungadin is Free Software, software that fully respects the
computing freedom of its users as defined by the Free Software
Foundation.  See `https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html'

You can redistribute exact copies of Gungadin or modify it under
the terms of the Gnu Affero General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version.")

* Re: Working web links when writing to a dedicated buffer?
@ 2021-05-02 23:03 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-05-02 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Dimech; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-02 23:26]:
> Is there a way to include working web links when writing to a
> dedicated buffer?

What would that mean? Do you want maybe to expand the text below to
HTML so that link is within <a href? I would use Markdown for
that. Please explain what means to include working web links?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/
https://rms-support-letter.github.io/

* Re: Working web links when writing to a dedicated buffer?
@ 2021-05-02 23:25   ` Christopher Dimech
From: Christopher Dimech @ 2021-05-02 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

Basically, I have a buffer and want to write a url that people
con click on, and the webpage will load up on their browser.

@ 2021-05-02 23:39 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-05-02 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Making-Buttons.html

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: Working web links when writing to a dedicated buffer?
@ 2021-05-03  1:13     ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2021-05-03  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Dimech; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-03 02:26]:
> Basically, I have a buffer and want to write a url that people
> con click on, and the webpage will load up on their browser.

Well, that is easy, just do:

M-x goto-address-mode

and links will be clickable.

You may also invoke it as function in program.