On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 12:59:23PM +0100, Michael Heerdegen wrote: > writes: > > > I don't understand you. That function is most useful if you can > > pass it a custom comparison function. I'd say it's fine as it > > is. > > I think the interpretation of the question "Could there be a better > default comparison function?", in the sense that `eql' is a bit nicer > than `eq' for specific value types, is valid, especially when > considering that `cl-pushnew' is often used for configuration stuff or > other purposes where speed is not crucial. I see. Well, that train has sailed (or something). Backward compat (especially with user's brains) and things. Cheers -- t