On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 08:40:50PM +0100, Michael Heerdegen wrote: > writes: > > > So I learnt something from the riddle, after all [1]. > > Cool that there was something to learn for some people. It was enjoyable, yes :) > The second part of the exercise is now of course (this goes to > everyone): how to "fix" the code so that what some people expected is > the end result?...: > > Write an expression that returns a list of 100 functions accepting zero > arguments. `funcall'ing the Nth function must return N. Use a `while' > loop or whatever you like but please not `dolist' or any tool that > already handles this "problem" specifically. Hm. I imagine in the middle of my code "fred's function factory", like so: (defun fred-s-function-factory (n) ...) (i won't tell more now ;) > > [1] The most general rule seems still to be: "all generalisations > > suck" > > I think this is the first instance of Russell's paradox I have ever met > in real life. Then I would like you to meet my barber... Cheers -- t