On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 12:31:25PM +0000, Gottfried wrote: > Hi, > > My operating system in GNU Guix, it's not a normal linux distro. > > > Does the lpr command print outside of Emacs? > > I am not sure what you mean and how to do it. > > I have cups installed. There is a compatibility package providing the command `lpr' for cups. Under Debian, it is called cups-bsd. I don't know how to find something equivalent under Guix, but the idea is to search for a package providing an executable named lpr and somehow linked to cups. > I never printed with the terminal, so I don't know. > I tried it briefly with: > sudo cat my-file-to-print.txt > /dev/lp > > but it didn't work. Those were the times :) You have to find an executable named lpr which goes with your cups. > basically my printer is working with cups installed, > and I even managed to print from emacs with my browser by that: These days the operating system is just a driver for the browser, it seems ;-) Cheers -- t