On Thu, Nov 03, 2022 at 03:17:18PM +0700, Yuri Khan wrote: > On Thu, 3 Nov 2022 at 14:58, wrote: > > > > In Dired, one uses `y' to get basic information about the file without > > > opening it. Often I use it for pictures to find out the resolution. > > > > How do you find out a picture's resolution without opening the file? > > Nohow. The opening is just not perceived by the user. The pedantic > description would probably be “without visiting in a buffer and > without starting an associated interactive application”. Ah. Visiting a buffer was the elephant I was missing in the room :) Thanks -- t