all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* kp-enter in minibuffer
@ 2007-03-21  3:21 Bob Babcock
From: Bob Babcock @ 2007-03-21  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I often run emacs under Windows talking to Solaris using the 3.2.9 ssh.com
client.  This client sends kp-enter for the enter key on the numeric
keypad, and while other keys can be redefined, I can't seem to redefine
this one.  Kp-enter is ok in most places, but it doesn't work when typing
a command in the minibuffer.  Is there a way to make kp-enter mean the same
as enter in this context (or a way to redefine what the key sends)?
Thanks.

* Re: kp-enter in minibuffer
@ 2007-03-21 19:45 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-03-21 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I often run emacs under Windows talking to Solaris using the 3.2.9 ssh.com
> client.  This client sends kp-enter for the enter key on the numeric
> keypad, and while other keys can be redefined, I can't seem to redefine
> this one.  Kp-enter is ok in most places, but it doesn't work when typing
> a command in the minibuffer.  Is there a way to make kp-enter mean the same
> as enter in this context (or a way to redefine what the key sends)?
> Thanks.

How 'bout

  (define-key function-key-map [kp-enter] [?\r])

-- Stefan

* Re: kp-enter in minibuffer
@ 2007-03-22  3:12   ` Bob Babcock
From: Bob Babcock @ 2007-03-22  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote in

> How 'bout
>
>   (define-key function-key-map [kp-enter] [?\r])

Doesn't seem to have any effect in the minibuffer.  Emacs version is 20.7.1
in case it matters.  Thanks.