all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* From window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
@ 2024-05-13 13:28 Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-05-13 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

I want to change from window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults

Should one just change vertical-type and horizontal-type to t ?  Or
should I also modify width and height to nil ?  Seems there are
situations where frame sets the width and height no non-nil values.

       (let ( (window (selected-window))
              (width nil)
              (vertical-type t)
              (height nil)
              (horizontal-type t)
              (persistent nil) )
         (set-window-scroll-bars window width vertical-type
                                 height horizontal-type
                                 persistent)))

* Re: From window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
@ 2024-05-13 15:27 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-05-13 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 13:28:17 +0000
> From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
>
> I want to change from window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
>
> Should one just change vertical-type and horizontal-type to t ?  Or
> should I also modify width and height to nil ?

For best results, do both.

* Re: From window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
@ 2024-05-13 19:13   ` Heime
From: Heime @ 2024-05-13 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 at 3:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 13:28:17 +0000
> > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> >
> > I want to change from window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
> >
> > Should one just change vertical-type and horizontal-type to t ? Or
> > should I also modify width and height to nil ?
>

> For best results, do both.

Should one keep PERSISTENT nil ?

* Re: From window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
@ 2024-05-14  5:54     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-05-14  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 19:13:16 +0000
> From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> On Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 at 3:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > > Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 13:28:17 +0000
> > > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> > >
> > > I want to change from window-specific scroll bars to frame defaults
> > >
> > > Should one just change vertical-type and horizontal-type to t ? Or
> > > should I also modify width and height to nil ?
> >

> > For best results, do both.
>
> Should one keep PERSISTENT nil ?

I would set it to t.